Society and businesses continue to face mounting risks arising from climate change and resource depletion, whilst striving to meet the burgeoning demands of a growing population. Althelia Ecosphere addresses these systemic challenges by demonstrating that financial performance can be fully aligned with sound environmental stewardship and social development. With a special emphasis on sustainable land-use, biodiversity and ecosystem services, we seek to leverage investment that simultaneously catalyses a range of positive impacts, including:
- positively transformed land-use models delivering social, economic and environmental outcomes;
- financial and livelihood benefits realised by a wide spectrum of local stakeholders;
- reduced greenhouse gas emissions;
- sustained or enhanced biodiversity and ecosystem function; and
- improvements in the conservation status of threatened and endangered species.